Telehealth Enhanced With Virtual Reality Occupational Therapy
Are you or someone you love currently under the care of an occupational therapist or need to be?
Is physical or mental disability, illness, or injury causing problems with your studies, work, volunteering, ability to comfortably socialize, or engage in self-care activities like dressing, washing, or fixing food?
Do you find it stressful commuting for consults? Is juggling appointments tiresome? Or do you worry about the risk of infection that accompanies face-to-face consultations?
Virtual occupational therapy offers an evidence-based way to harness the power of this therapeutic approach in the comfort and safety of your own home.
How Does Virtual Reality Occupational Therapy Work?
At XRHealth, we focus on your rehabilitation, recovery, and compassionate support. So, while other clinics may shuffle you from one therapist to another, with us you have your own dedicated therapist.
Once we’ve determined that we can assist you, you are sent a virtual reality headset to use while under our care.
Then treatment is delivered via private video consults and in-app messaging. You can message your occupational therapist at any time, rather than having to wait until your next appointment.
Your therapist will design a personalized treatment plan by combining conventional exercises and procedures with state-of-the-art VR technology. Our aim is simple: To maximize your results by using the best of offline and online research and advanced equipment, while closely monitoring your data and updating your plan precisely when it’s needed.
What Conditions and Problems Can Virtual Occupational Therapy Treat?
- Work and study reintegration
- Functional rehabilitation
- Skill development in the home, life, self-care, and work management
- Memory and cognitive training
- Anxiety, depression, and stress management
- Environment modification to enable participation in hobbies, home, school, and work
- Ergonomic improvement and advice
- Therapeutic techniques to enhance sensory and perceptual processing
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Movement disorders
- Neck and back pain
- Sports-related problems
- Pain management care coordination and case management
- Patient advocacy
VR Occupational Therapy at Home
Research shows that virtual reality therapy may be an effective tool for rehabilitation and recovery. VR helps to “rewire” your brain so you grow healthier, more functional pathways that achieve results.
You’ll regularly consult with your dedicated therapist for personalized treatment. If queries arise between sessions you have access to in-app messaging to contact your therapist for a prompt response. No more waiting!
About XRHealth VR Occupational Therapy
- VR headset sent to your home
- Video calls and in-app messaging with your dedicated XRHealth occupational therapist
- Personalized plan-of-care, consistently updated based on your progress
Who is eligible?
- If you’ve experienced a condition or problem for over three months, you may be an ideal candidate for virtual reality treatment.
- VR therapy is available for people aged 12+.
- Our medical VR application has worked seamlessly for many patients. However, in rare situations treatment may be contraindicated.
Where do we operate?
We provide services in MA, CA, FL, IL, GA, NY, and NJ.
In MA, we work with Tufts, Harvard Pilgrim, BCBS, Medicare, and Allways insurance providers.
Medicare also covers members in FL, CA, IL. In IL, we work with BCBS PPO.